Wigs are becoming a popular choice for people, not only to cover up their diverse hair issues but also to get a stylish and trendy look. Amongst the different types of wigs that are available in the market today, the ones made from human hair are most popular. The long life and the extremely high quality of these wigs are two major reasons that make these a preferred choice of the masses. However, most often buyers fail to differentiate the human lace front wigs from their synthetic counterparts, and thus end buying the latter even though they intend otherwise.
Given below are some tips that can help avoid this confusion and ensure that the buyers get the perfect human hair wigs that suit their personality and style in a natural way.
- Most such hair pieces are made from look imported from Asian Countries. As such they are often a lot more bulky and have softer and shinier feel to them as compared to the synthetic wigs.
- In general, Wigs crafted from human tresses come with a nylon mesh cap attached to their base to keep the woven ends of the hair safe. However, these features can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.
- Given the fact that these wigs are made from 100% natural hair, they tend to be significantly costlier than synthetic hair. At the same time they offer the wearers good value for money as they last really long and do not require much maintenance efforts.
- People seeking a natural look human hair wig should opt for ones that come with a monofilament top wig cap. It is important for buyers to mention this specifically while looking for such extensions as not all of them are provided with this feature.
- These wigs are generally crafted by hand after tying the hair knots, which in itself can be an indication of their authenticity. However this should not be taken as the ultimate guarantee for their authenticity as many synthetic wigs might also be manufactured in similar manner.
- Buyer should also check out the various catalogs for these wigs available easily online to gain information about the size, accessories and other aspects related to buying these hair pieces.
- It is extremely important to provide accurate details about the cap size and their hair length to the suppliers while buying human hair wigs online. This is not ensures a snug fitting but also makes them look totally natural.
- It is also advisable for buyers to seek references or check out online forums and review sites before buying hair extensions. This helps them to get an idea of the best place to buy these wigs at truly affordable rates and with an assurance of quality and durability.
- Wig and hair extensions expert Kameymall
5 Ways to Get the Best out of Your Human Hair wig
- Use a wide tooth comb from bottom to top of wig
Good quality wigs are densely-packed with hair – and thus contain many more strands than are normally found on the average human scalp. Hair is therefore prone to regular tangling. It’s logical to assume that a bristle hairbrush is the easiest way to de-tangle a human hair wig but brushes should be avoided as they place too much strain on the join between the wig base and the hair strand. Always use wide tooth comb (gentler on hair) and comb from the ends of the hair upwards to avoid accidentally pulling out precious (and expensive) hair strands.
- Wash and specially -formulated wig shampoo and conditioner
Many individuals assume that regular shampoo and conditioner is adequate for their real hair wig but unfortunately off-the-shelf products may contain ingredients that can deteriorate the wig’s quality. For instance, too high an alcohol content can destroy hair stands –remember, real hair wig’s hair strands do not contain nourishing oils or protein to replenish/restore hair. Always use specially formulated wig shampoo and conditioner and follow manufacture’s guidelines. Many people recommend T-Range from well-known real hair supplier’s trends.
- Never use hot or boiling water to wash your human hair wig
Water that is too hot can negatively affect the quality of your real hair wig so always use tepid water when washing. Never wring or briskly towel-dry your wig as you might inadvertently pull out strands. It is best to blot excess water with a towel made of natural fibers e.g. cotton or silk.
- Heated appliances should never exceed 180 degrees centigrade
Like natural hair, human hair wigs can also withstand heated appliances such as hair dryers, heated rollers, hair straighteners and curling irons. However, many ceramic heated appliances can exceed temperatures of 200 degrees centigrade – which can destroy or melt real hair. It is generally recommended that you never exceed 180 degrees centigrade but always consult your manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunshine and harsh weather conditions
Believe it or not, human hair wigs should be treated exactly like your skin. This means that you should avoid exposing your wig to long bouts of hot sunshine as the hair quality can deteriorate and color can fade. Similarly, your wig should not be exposed over a long period to heavy rain or harsh winds. Always wear a head cover in extreme weather conditions- again preferable made from natural material like 100% cotton or silk to best protect the hair